Technical Illustrator Looking for Decent Tool

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

careysub
Newbie Member

Technical Illustrator Looking for Decent Tool

Post by careysub » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:40 pm

(I logged in and wrote a fairly extensive exposition on my background and what I am looking for in QCad. When I hit submit, the site told me to log in again and erased my entire missive. I am not retyping it, so my comments here will be brief.)

I have 30 years of experience with object drawing tools, and can count nearly two dozen that I have used over the years. I am looking for a well-designed open source tool (not expensive, machine-locked) that lets me do technical illustration quickly.

I am hoping QCad will be that tool. I am supporting the project - I have bought a license and the official book. My initial spin with preparing a diagram has been frustrating though, and therefore I have joined this forum hoping that it will still prove to be what I am looking for.

Clive

Re: Technical Illustrator Looking for Decent Tool

Post by Clive » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:57 pm

careysub wrote:(I logged in and wrote a fairly extensive exposition on my background and what I am looking for in QCad. When I hit submit, the site told me to log in again and erased my entire missive. I am not retyping it, so my comments here will be brief.)
Yeah, this really annoys me too, it's a limit with the phpbb forum software. What I tend to do now is write my message and then 'right click' copy it and then if I'm caught out I just paste it in again, or alternatively hit the message preview button a few times to keep you logged in.
careysub wrote:I have 30 years of experience with object drawing tools, and can count nearly two dozen that I have used over the years. I am looking for a well-designed open source tool (not expensive, machine-locked) that lets me do technical illustration quickly.
With a little bit of initial patience QCAD will be your best friend.
careysub wrote:I am hoping QCad will be that tool. I am supporting the project - I have bought a license and the official book. My initial spin with preparing a diagram has been frustrating though, and therefore I have joined this forum hoping that it will still prove to be what I am looking for.
You did the right thing, there's always an answer here on the forum, ask as much as you like.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”