Save or discard unaltered new sketch?

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

mwrsa
Registered Member

Save or discard unaltered new sketch?

Post by mwrsa » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:55 pm

QCAD community 3.12.8.0 32bit and 64bit
Linux Mint 17.3 32bit and 64bit

Hey forum!

I hope you guys can help me, I already searched a little but probably could not come up with the right words...

When you open QCAD you are presented a new sketch. In case you just want to close that you always have to confirm (save/discard), same issue if I opened a sketch just to view then close it again. I did not draw / delete/ alter it in any way.

Is there any way to only get that prompt if you actually altered a sketch? Or is it the "last accessed" date that changes by these actions?

Thank you. mwrsa

EDIT: Am I not being clear in my description of the issue, or does no solution exist? Many views but no response makes me wonder...

riverbuoy

Re: Save or discard unaltered new sketch?

Post by riverbuoy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:09 pm

Hi mwrsa,
mwrsa wrote:When you open QCAD you are presented a new sketch. In case you just want to close that you always have to confirm (save/discard), same issue if I opened a sketch just to view then close it again. I did not draw / delete/ alter it in any way.
This is a known problem with the community version. It used to work a long time ago, but for now, nobody has a solution.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

riverbuoy

mwrsa
Registered Member

Re: Save or discard unaltered new sketch?

Post by mwrsa » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:45 am

Well thank you, you have been helpful in clearing that up!

Too bad that my programming skills are not up to par to just correct that, it doesn't sound like a great deal of work to me.

Well, until it gets fixed I will have to live with it. Not that I could not afford the commercial edition, but I just do not need these extras it comes with. And just for that bug - hm, no.

Once more thank you, cheers, mwrsa

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”