Adding new hatch patterns

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

andrew
Site Admin

Adding new hatch patterns

Post by andrew » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:59 am

From a QCAD user:
I have downloaded new hatch patterns in .pat format into the folder "patterns/imperial" of my QCAD installation. When I try to create a hatch, the new paterns don’t appear.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Adding new hatch patterns

Post by andrew » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:03 pm

Pattern files that are added to the folder patterns/imperial are available for drawings made in imperial drawing units (inch, foot, mile).

To add patterns for use in metric drawings (Millimeter, Centimeter, Meter, etc.), please add your pattern files to the folder patterns/metric instead.

If you are not sure what drawing unit you are working with, you can check the drawing unit in the drawing preferences dialog:
Edit > Drawing Preferences > General > Drawing Unit

micron98
Registered Member

Post by micron98 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:42 am

Hi,

I am a mac user and currently have the latest version qcad pro 3.15.5.0
running os x ei capitan 10.11.6

I put a new patterns in Applications/QCAD.app/<Show Package Contents>/Contents/Resources/patterns/metric/
and restarted QCAD but not able see the new pattern when I am trying to apply hatch on a polygon.

Is this where I save new patterns? or somewhere else?

Thanks

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:32 am

Yes, that path is correct for adding metric patterns. Note that if your drawings are using imperial resources (see Edit > Drawing Preferences > General > Drawing Unit > Measurement System), you have to change the measurement system to metric first or copy your file to the "imperial" folder.

If you cannot solve your problem, please attach your drawing file and your new pattern file. Thanks.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”