Coordinate System

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

slyde

Coordinate System

Post by slyde » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:18 am

Hello Forum:

I'm new to drafting, so my terminology won't be that of a seasoned veteran. My apologies for that.

Yesterday I purchased a license for the newest QCAD Professional. Watched some tutorials and everything's been going well. My sister, who's encouraging me to learn drafting, sent me a few drawings. When I open them, The coordinate system shows feet and inches. I've set EDIT -> APPLICATION PREFERENCES -> DRAWING UNIT to both inches and feet. But all I ever get is an inch system (I think it's inches).

This is what she sent me and what I get on QCAD:

When I preview this post, I can't see the above image. So just in case I'm doing this wrong, here's the link to it.

Anyway, I can't find any information on my issue. I could use aq little help with this. Thanks.

QCAD Professional: 3.19.1.0
Look! It's a bird. No! It's a plane! NO! It's QCAD hotkeys...faster than a possum falling out of a tree!!

QCAD Pro 3.19.2.0 [64-bit]

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Coordinate System

Post by Husky » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:01 am

Hello slyde - welcome to the QCAD forum.
slyde wrote:The coordinate system shows feet and inches. I've set EDIT -> APPLICATION PREFERENCES -> DRAWING UNIT to both inches and feet. But all I ever get is an inch system (I think it's inches).
I assume you are talking about the Ruler around your drawing area, correct?
Husky-2017.11.18-01.png
Husky-2017.11.18-01.png (86.46 KiB) Viewed 4718 times
They are controlled by Dimension settings:

Husky-2017.11.18-02.png
Husky-2017.11.18-02.png (67.39 KiB) Viewed 4718 times
It looks like your drawing is in inch. Will you maintain that or do you need to convert the drawing into something else? In that case you have to use the "Convert drawing unit" tool. Menu / Edit ...
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

slyde

Post by slyde » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:43 am

Husky:

Thanks for the response.

I now see where to make the changes. Since I'm in the US, most of what I'll be doing will be in feet and inches. And I see I have four other options to choose from, so I'll pay around with them and see what I come up with for US standard measure.

Thanks again.
Look! It's a bird. No! It's a plane! NO! It's QCAD hotkeys...faster than a possum falling out of a tree!!

QCAD Pro 3.19.2.0 [64-bit]

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:50 am

You're welcome!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”