Projection lines

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Claude Azoulai
Newbie Member

Projection lines

Post by Claude Azoulai » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:33 pm

Hello
I would like to buy QCad, but I did not find how to draw projection lines
Is this possible with QCad and how to proceed

Clive

Re: Projection lines

Post by Clive » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:50 pm

Hello Claude and welcome to the forum.

Please clarify, projection lines for construction?
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Claude Azoulai
Newbie Member

Post by Claude Azoulai » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:51 am

Yes, these are fine lines to align the different views of a drawing object
(usually these lines are red in color)

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:15 pm

Hello Claude,
Claude Azoulai wrote:Yes, these are fine lines to align the different views of a drawing object
(usually these lines are red in color)
QCAD provides many tools which are designed to make Construction lines redundant. However - from time to time it makes sense to work with this Drafting table technic.
If you need them just set up a layer - if you like in red. Then use the horizontal and/or vertical line tools to draw an infinitive line or a ray.
Husky-2018.02.25-02.png
Husky-2018.02.25-02.png (46.92 KiB) Viewed 8653 times
In combination with the the snap tools - works perfect! :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Clive

Post by Clive » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:55 am

Good morning Claude, busy weekend for me so apologies for the late reply, but as Husky has already answered ( you can always count on him to jump in) QCAD has a vast array of tools to do the job of helping with construction drafting assistance. Construction lines are never redundant in any drawing so make the best use of what QCAD has to offer.

Many thanks

Clive
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Claude Azoulai
Newbie Member

Post by Claude Azoulai » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:12 am

thank you
The problem is that I could not download any explanatory note (The only PDF file I could see, only contained a few pages)
Can I download (and where) the true PDF file before I decide to buy the software?
Thank you for your reply

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:31 pm

You can browse the user reference manual at:
http://qcad.org/doc/qcad/latest/reference/en/

Available line types (for most line tools):
http://qcad.org/doc/qcad/latest/referen ... e/doc/Line

Robert36

Post by Robert36 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:10 pm

I have extremely limited experience with CAD of any kind. For what it's worth, QCAD has proven very accessible in terms of getting started. If you are thinking of trying the software...... The price is such for a downlad, you can't hardly go wrong. Also, the manual is worth every penny. It is well written and very helpful if you are in my shoes..... completely new to CAD.

As for projection lines...... I call them auxiliary lines. From what I can tell, almost anything can serves as an auxiliary line. Entities can easily be copide/cut/pasted onto specific layers are selected and moved to a new layer serving and thus serve as auxiliary guides for the next task.

When I think of projection lines, I thought perhaps you were referring to the ability to make orthographic projections from an a three view drawing. You werent referring to orthographic projections?

As for paying for the download..... it's so reasonable, I am glad I ran with it. There is a learning curve, I have very much learned a bunch of skills that I have no question could be applied to other forms of CAD. With what I learned I can now evaluate other forms of CAD in a more meaningful way.

I just bought a CNC router and do wish I had gone with the CAD/CAM version. C'est la vie.

Claude Azoulai
Newbie Member

Post by Claude Azoulai » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:21 am

thank you
You helped me a lot and I thank you for that.
One last question: Can I ask my questions in French and how to receive the answers on my eMail address ?

J-J

Post by J-J » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:56 pm

Bonsoir Claude,
Je fais de mon mieux sur le forum français, donc pas de soucis, si je coince je renverrai vers l'équipe, en anglais cette fois.
JJ Win7 pro-64

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”