Flow Diagram - How do I connect two "valves" with a line, then drag them around, and they're still connected?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

mamerten
Registered Member

Flow Diagram - How do I connect two "valves" with a line, then drag them around, and they're still connected?

Post by mamerten » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:47 pm

I am building 2D flow diagrams (valves, connectors, tanks, etcetra...) I want to draw a valve and a line connecting the valves together. Then I want to drag the valves around but keep them connected.

I know it is a standard feature in flow chart software. Not sure how to do it here, of it is is possible.

Windows 10 / 3.24.3

TSG
Premier Member

Re: Flow Diagram - How do I connect two "valves" with a line, then drag them around, and they're still connected?

Post by TSG » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:11 am

I'm afraid there are very limited options for this in QCAD. The only way I know and that I use for such cases is the "Stretch Tool (SS).

Thomas
Ich will nicht streiten. Ich will nur deutlich machen, dass ich Recht habe und DU NICHT.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Flow Diagram - How do I connect two "valves" with a line, then drag them around, and they're still connected?

Post by Husky » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:42 am

mamerten wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:47 pm
I want to draw a valve and a line connecting the valves together. Then I want to drag the valves around but keep them connected.
The valve should be a Block or a Library item,
Assuming you already inserted the blocks in the drawing and connected them with a line then you have a bunch of options to move / rotate them:
1. move and copy tool,
2. move with arrow keys on your keyboard,
3. rotate with the rotate tool,
4. rotate with the Function keys on your keyboard (F5 and F6),
5. use of the clipboard,
6. use as a new block,
7. drag and drop
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

TSG
Premier Member

Post by TSG » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:18 pm

The question is how do you come from black to blue without drawing the lines again.
From Black to Blue.png
From Black to Blue.png (16.84 KiB) Viewed 3631 times
Other software like Microsoft Visio Pro has a built in routing tool (routing connections). Dragging and moving the valve redraws the lines automatically.
QCAD hasn't such a functionality.
Ich will nicht streiten. Ich will nur deutlich machen, dass ich Recht habe und DU NICHT.

Panchdara
Premier Member

Post by Panchdara » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:30 pm

Right tools for the job? :shock:
Windows 10

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”