Attachment upload capacity

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Clive

Attachment upload capacity

Post by Clive » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Andrew

Currently the attachment upload capacity is 256kb which is Ok for most stuff I guess, however I wonder if it may be increased slightly maybe to 600kb?

The reason for this is that with a recent document I uploaded I had to split it in half. I don`t envisage myself or anyone else wanting to upload 'massive' documents but the little extra capacity would help. It would save a lot of editing photo's , text etc in word docs to send to pdf.
Of course after zipping these up it does compress them but I still found on these quite small docs they were still too large!

Not sure whether this is possible - it may be a limit of phpBB or of course it may be your restriction because of your storage space, if it is then fair enougth - its accepted.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Attachment upload capacity

Post by andrew » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 pm

It seems to be the default setting, possibly kept so low to discourage bad people to upload their malware / adware.

I found the setting and increased it slightly to 2MB. Please let me know if you need more. Unfortunately, it's a global setting, not a user setting, so I can't simply put you on a 'white list' or such.

Clive

Re: Attachment upload capacity

Post by Clive » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:11 pm

andrew wrote:It seems to be the default setting, possibly kept so low to discourage bad people to upload their malware / adware.

I found the setting and increased it slightly to 2MB. Please let me know if you need more. Unfortunately, it's a global setting, not a user setting, so I can't simply put you on a 'white list' or such.
Thanks Andrew - I`m sure that's plenty enougth :D

Now I`ll start working on the QCAD Encyclopedia - only kidding :lol:

Return to “Chat”