DXF file not readable with autocad

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

astrax
Registered Member

DXF file not readable with autocad

Post by astrax » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi

I have been using QCAD 2.2 pro, primarily on Solaris for about 18 months and occasionally v3.x pro on Linux, but where QCAD is not being built on Solaris any more, I have in the last few months been compiling the community edition on Solaris, which seems to works perfectly with the exception of the DXF files can not be opened by the company that does my laser cutting, who use autocad 2007

The DXF files are able to be opened and updated by all the versions of QCAD I have ( Solaris & Linux ), but I have to load the DXF file in to QCAD v2.2 on Solaris and then just save the file, before I can email it off, even a simple file with a circle in it created with the community edition, is not readable on autocad 2007.

The community edition doesn't have the save as a version feature as the v3.x on Linux has, I'm not sure where the problem could be or how I can fix it.
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Current community edition I have compiled on Solaris is v3.3.2

Thanks
Ian

andrew
Site Admin

Re: DXF file not readable with autocad

Post by andrew » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:11 pm

The compatibility of the DXF files produces by the QCAD 3 community edition through dxflib is clearly not as good as the one provided by QCAD 3 Pro through Teigha.
I'm trying to solve this problem, but it might still take a couple of more releases to sort it out as there are various issues.

astrax
Registered Member

Re: DXF file not readable with autocad

Post by astrax » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:11 pm

Hi Andrew

The community edition is generating compatible DXF files now, thanks for all the work.

Ian

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”