Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Vote from the following 4 options.

Poll ended at Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:47 am

FS#335 - Drawing preferences: Change font of dimensions - http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... ask_id=335
No votes
FS#760 - Hierarchical Layers - http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... ask_id=760
60%
FS#761 - Colour Indicators for Layer List - http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... ask_id=761
13%
FS#889 - Filter the current selection to only include entities of a certain type - http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... ask_id=889
27%

Total votes: 15

Clive

Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Post by Clive » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:47 am

Please vote for this years 'Seasonal' feature request to be implemented from the 4 options.
The winning feature will be implemented hopefully before/after Christmas time 8)
The voting will close on November 30th
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

olly

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Post by olly » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:01 pm

I see head on head all have 3 votes ?

Clive

Post by Clive » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:13 pm

olly wrote:I see head on head all have 3 votes ?
Yes correct - on the bugtracker they do... this forum poll will be interesting to see which of the feature requests are deemed as top priority by users :wink:
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

FJ01
Newbie Member

Post by FJ01 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Bonjour,

Je vote pour solution 2 Hierachical Layers.

Merci

Clive

Post by Clive » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:29 am

Calling all voters...don't forget to cast your vote :wink:

So far it seems the 'Hierarchical Layers' request is the front runner, but it could all change, voting ends 30th November.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:06 pm

The hierarchical layer list made it into QCAD 3.4.3 which was released today (still experimental, it has to be enabled in Application Preferences > Widgets > Layer List).

This new layer list also shows the color of the layers (third poll option). So these two items are off the list :)

The entity type selection filter will likely make it into one of the next releases. I'm still not quite sure about the best user interface for that...

Well, thanks for the votes! I think the required forum registration probably stood in the way of receiving more votes... I'm not sure if this can be more open. I think it would make sense to have regular votes about new features.

Clive

Post by Clive » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:01 am

andrew wrote:The hierarchical layer list made it into QCAD 3.4.3 which was released today (still experimental, it has to be enabled in Application Preferences > Widgets > Layer List).
This new layer list also shows the color of the layers (third poll option). So these two items are off the list :)
@Andrew, it seems there are no flies on you. What a result in such a short space of time - outstanding 8).
andrew wrote:The entity type selection filter will likely make it into one of the next releases. I'm still not quite sure about the best user interface for that...
Looking forward to it, maybe this will be our Christmas gift :lol: .
andrew wrote:Well, thanks for the votes! I think the required forum registration probably stood in the way of receiving more votes... I'm not sure if this can be more open.
I have closed this vote early as you have already preempted the result here and have implemented the 'Hierarchical' layer list , albeit in beta mode :wink:
I'll take a look at the voting options for allowing non-registered forum users to vote for future polls and maybe shorten the poll length for the next vote.
andrew wrote:I think it would make sense to have regular votes about new features.
No problem with this, if you're okay with this then I'm sure the rest of us will be. In some ways I guess it helps to steer QCAD in a direction that is pleasing to all of us. Obviously you know what makes practical/developmental sense to you when to implement new features for QCAD so it would make sense that appropriate feature requests are first listed here on the forum and then we can decide which top 4 are shorlisted to make the final voting poll - what do you think?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:55 pm

clive wrote:
andrew wrote:I think it would make sense to have regular votes about new features.
No problem with this, if you're okay with this then I'm sure the rest of us will be. In some ways I guess it helps to steer QCAD in a direction that is pleasing to all of us. Obviously you know what makes practical/developmental sense to you when to implement new features for QCAD so it would make sense that appropriate feature requests are first listed here on the forum and then we can decide which top 4 are shorlisted to make the final voting poll - what do you think?
To get it started ... :wink:
How about:
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/in ... ask_id=388

e_surprised e_surprised e_surprised 8)

Husky

Post by Husky » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:39 pm

Husky

Post by Husky » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:50 pm